Track & Field Season 2018
- Sign up window: Tuesday, February 20th - Thursday, March 8th (No Exceptions).
- Practices will be after school until 5:00 p.m.; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There are NO practices on Wednesdays.
- Activity bus is available for after practice. Please note that routes are different than the school day bus routes. Transportation forms are available in the front office.
- **Thursday, March 8th** All paperwork MUST be turned in.
- Must have a current sports physical on file in the counseling office.
- Athletic clearance form needs to be turned in to the front office.
- There is a $75 athletic participation fee due in the front office.
- Last day to sign up
- Last day to receive a refund: Friday, March 23, 2018
- Practices will begin on Monday, March 12th in the main gym. Be dressed in workout clothes and running shoes.
- Coaches: Mr. Eagles, Mr. Serrill, Mr. Jones, Mrs. Guelsdorf and Mrs. McCormick.
MEET SCHEDULE: TBD - Meets will be held at various locations within the area (Lake Oswego, West Linn, Oregon City, Tualatin, Sherwood, Gladstone). Meet start time: 4:00/4:30 p.m., Districts: 3:30 p.m.
GRADES and SPORTS
Grades are connected to sports at Gardiner. Student athletes must maintain a C- or better in ALL classes in order to compete. Athletes can still practice with grades that do not meet the standard. Those wo do not meet the grading eligibility ONE DAY prior to the meet, WILL NOT be able to participate in the meet and/or travel with the team to away meets.
TRACK and FIELD EVENTS
The middle school track and field team is a no-cut program. Students in grades 6-8, who live in Gardiner attendance can participate. The following events are available for athletes in the league; Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, 100m Hurdles, 100m Run, 200m Run, 400m Run, 800m Run, 1500m Run, 4x100m Relay and 4x400m Relay. The team participates in 5 meets during the weekdays (4:00/4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.), plus one district meet at the end of the season. Students are issued a Gardiner running top for the competitions, which will need to be returned at the end of the season.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Lynn Barry.
503-785-8200 ext. 4067
Gardiner Wrestling Team 2017-18
Sign up forms are located in the front office, registration is open and all Athletic Clearance forms need to be turned in to the office before the first practice. Last day to sign up for Wrestling is Friday, January 19, 2018. There is a $75 athletic participation fee due in the front office. All athletes must have a sports physical on file in the counseling office by January 4, 2018. You will NOT be able to attend practice unless you have a sports physical on file. Practices will be in Gardiner's Mat Room - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after school until 5:00 p.m.
- First day of practice - Thursday, January 4th @ 3:35 p.m.
Athletes must turn in the completed and signed off yellow "Gardiner Athletic Pass" to your coach. That will be your ticket to get to practice.
Tournaments will be at various locations within the area (Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Sherwood, Newberg, West Linn, Gladstone, Tualatin, Canby, Sandy, Clackamas).
Tournament times: 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
There will be transportation to and from tournaments (Departure and arrival will be at Gardiner MS).
Grades and Sports
Grades will be connected to sports at Gardiner. Students must maintain a C- or better in ALL classes in order to compete. Athletes can still practice with grades that do not meet the standard. Students who do not meet the grading standard one day prior to the meet, will not be able to participate in the meet and/or travel with the team to away meets.
There will be an "ATHLETIC ACADEMIC STUDY HALL" in room 31 for those students who are not meeting the academic standard to compete in a meet. this study hall will be offered after school from 3:30 - 4;00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Questions: Lynn Barry, Athletic Director 503-785-8210 email@example.com
Gardiner Dance Team 2017-18
Sign up forms are located in the front office. Registration are open until December 4th and is available for any 6th - 8th grade student at Gardiner that is interested. There is a $75 registration fee plus additional costume costs (TBD). All athletes must have a sports physical on file in the counseling office prior to the first day of practice. Practices will be in Gardiner's main gym Tuesdays, and Thursdays after school until 3:35 - 4:55 p.m. p.m. After winter break, practices will be Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:35 - 4:55 p.m.
- Dance Team Parent Meeting - Tuesday, November 29th @ 6:30 p.m.
- First day of practice - Monday, December 5th @ 3:30 p.m.
Student athletes must turn in the completed yellow "Gardiner Athletic Pass" to Ms. Barry to get stamped, which will be your ticket to get to practice. All you will have to do is give your completed stamped pass to your coach.
Athletic Policy Requirements
- All athletes must maintain a C- or higher in all classes (grade checks happen 1 week before performance-no exceptions-see contract for specific information-Athletic Academic Support Club: 30 min. of practice).
- Dance Team specific: In good standing in all classes with behavior (1 major referral during dance season = sitting out on next upcoming performance; 2 majors = removed from team).
- Attendance: must be at school AT LEAST a half day in order to practice that afternoon; cannot miss the practice right before a competition or cannot compete (this includes excused absences!)
- Students who do not compete, cannot ride the bus for performances, but can come to support the team with adult supervision.
- Sign up for the Activity bus using transportation request form.
- Snack time/dress down: 3:25 - 3:34 on Tuesdays/Thursdays
-(In cafeteria-three marked table ONLY, no microwave use); May NOT roam halls or be outside; Must be in cafeteria or in gym; Locker room closes at 3:35 (T/TH) and will not be re-opened/unlocked-please take valuables with you to practice.
- Practice - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:35 - 4:55 p.m.; After winter break - Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:35 - 4:55 p.m.
Dance Team Expectations for Dancers
- Punctuality: Practice starts on time, in warm-up grid formation (if not in formation- unexcused tardy).
- Respect: Peers, coaches, physical and learning environment.
- Be prepared: Be ready to dance, wear appropriate practice attire/shoes; hair off face; practiced choreography (if not wearing appropriate attire, including shores, this counts as a tardy).
- Be Present: Come with a positive attitude and ready to learn/clean/dance.
Questions; Lynn Barry, Athletic Director 503-785-8200 ext. 4067, firstname.lastname@example.org